Hundreds of gallons of water are wasted inside your home and business each year. Conserve water and save money when you become WaterSmart!*
More water is used to flush the toilet than for any other purpose in the home!
- Never use your toilet as a wastebasket!
- Test for a leaking toilet by adding food coloring to the tank. If color appears in the bowl after 30 minutes, your toilet is leaking. A leaking toilet can waste 200 gallons per day.
- Installing a water-efficient, 1.28 gallons-per-flush High Efficiency toilet will lower the cost of water and sewer bills significantly.
- When purchasing a new toilet be sure to look for the EPA WaterSense label. WaterSense labeled products have been third-party tested and certified to meet EPA criteria for both efficiency and performance.
- If you don’t have a water-efficient toilet, gently submerge an empty 2 liter bottle or container into your toilet tank allowing it to fill up with water to weigh it down. By leaving this container in the tank away from moving parts, you will save two liters of water every time you flush.
*WaterSmart is a water conservation education program initiated by the Cobb County-Marietta Water Authority (CCMWA). Its mission is to educate about the importance of indoor and outdoor water conservation so that all residents can help make a difference and be WaterSmart.