Hundreds of gallons of water are wasted inside your home and business each year. Conserve water and save money when you become WaterSmart!*
Wait until you have a full load of laundry before running the machine to save both water and energy.
- By running full loads in the washing machine the average family can save up to 700 gallons of water per month, reducing water bills.
- Make sure to adjust the water level for each load.
- A front-load washing machine uses 1/3 less water than a top-load machine.
- Remember to set up an appliance maintenance check-up every 3-4 years to ensure the performance efficiency of your washing machine.
- When in the market for a new washing machine, look for a WaterSense labeled high efficiency model to help you save on both water and energy bills.
*WaterSmart is a water conservation education program initiated by the Cobb County-Marietta Water Authority (CCMWA). Its mission is to educate about the importance of indoor and outdoor water conservation so that all residents can help make a difference and be WaterSmart.