Hundreds of gallons of water are wasted inside your home and business each year. Conserve water and save money when you become WaterSmart!*
Showers and Tubs
Reducing water use in your shower will also reduce the amount of energy needed to heat water.
- Take short shower instead of baths to use less water. Reducing your shower time by just one minute can save two to six gallons of water.
- Check your showerhead for drips or leaks and replace washers. Worn out washers are the main cause of leaks.
- According to state requirements, homeowner’s should install water-efficient showerheads.
- The typical showerhead allows a water flow of five gallons-per-minute. Installing a high efficiency showerhead will reduce this flow by 50%.
- Use a WaterSense labeled showerhead.
*WaterSmart is a water conservation education program initiated by the Cobb County-Marietta Water Authority (CCMWA). Its mission is to educate about the importance of indoor and outdoor water conservation so that all residents can help make a difference and be WaterSmart.