The Senior Home Repair Program provides minor and some major home repairs at no cost. These repairs includes but are not limited to:
- Energy efficient upgrades
- Installation of Low flow toilets
- Installation of air-raider shower heads
- Drain and sewer repairs (homeowner side)
- Code repairs and upgrades for plumbing, heating, or electrical systems
- Gutter and downspout repair or replacement
- Plumbing fixture repair or replacement
- Porch repair or reconstruction (including concrete stairs and stoops), including ramps for ADA accessibility
- Roof repair or replacement
- Installation of security devices, including smoke detectors and deadbolt locks
- Siding repair or installation of new siding to increase energy efficiency
- Window and door repair or replacement including storm doors
- Installation of handicap commodes
- Installation of grab bars
- Hot water heater replacement
- Minor carpentry
WHERE WE SERVE:
The program serves low to moderate income seniors County Wide. However, preference will be given to seniors located in Census Tracts that are made up of primarily low and moderate income residents. Preference will also be provided to senior housing located in the southern part of Fulton County. The program also serves veterans and the disabled in Fulton County.
WHO WE SERVE:
- Applicant must be 55 yrs. or older and own and occupy the home.
- Applicant must meet the income eligibility requirements for very low to moderate low-income families (30% or lower 80% of the median income for Fulton County).
- Applicant must have homeowner’s insurance.
Applications are accepted year-round as funds are provided. The average wait time is 1-6 months.
HOW TO APPLY:
Required Documents for all members of household:
Social Security Statement, or W-2 Forms
Pension statement or three months of pay stubs
No Income- Please provide a copy of GA Dept. of Labor Wage Verification Form
Copy of Driver’s License or State ID
Copy of Water & Electric Bill (Home Owner)
Home Owner’s Insurance (Home Owner)
Tax Deed (Home Owner)
Click the link to APPLY: Senior Home Repair Application
Click the link to learn more: Nehemiah Project CDC Brochure